Friday, August 11, 2006

Snorkeling in the Kingdom

Hey all. I just got back from a weekend snorkeling in the Red Sea. This was the first time that I've ever snorkeled and all I have to say is, "WOW!!" The reefs were amazing and I could easily about 50 feet to the sea floor. I can't even begin to describe all the different fish and sea life that I saw. Simply amazing. I'm planning to start scuba diving soon.

Just to prove to Twist that I am really not in Nevada I am include these pictures. As you can see there are camels and goats here - the goats seem to own the roads in places. The other two pictures are of the sun setting over the Red Sea and the sun rising over the mountains east of the dive site we were at.

Kell, I wish I had seen you warning about the sand in my under carriage before this weekend. Thanks anyway.


12 comments:

Kell said...

bummer.

very cool photos...

Anonymous said...

Dude, I've totally seen camels here in Nevada. In fact, I think I've actually seen that camel.

Heh. Seriously though, cool pics. And being able to snorkel in the Red Sea is way cool, especially on Uncle Sam's dime. Plus, it makes for great story time when you're hob nobbin' with the rich and famous. Which I know you like to do.

Jonathan Scott said...

Holy crap! That's not work! If you do all that, AND have access to beer, then you should be paying the Army to be there, not the other way around.

Jason Evans said...

"Stealing from the Army..." As a great man once said...

HUMN330 - Brown, K said...

As soon as I get an underwater camera I'll try to get some pics up of some of the sea creatures.

Jonathan, Unfortunatly Alcohol is illegal in the Kingdom - and most of the crimes here have some pretty stiff penalties (i.e. drug are punishable by death, stealing will get you hand cut off, etc).

Kell said...

but really good beer is worth it.

Anonymous said...

Then you better hide all your reefer!

Anonymous said...

hi baby, love the pictures and the family says hi. i found a scuba shop with classes and underwater cameras. anna is doing great and i hope you get your package soon.

love me

twisted what's up. it's been a long time, i hope you haven't replaced me with one of those show girls.

later my sexy men

Anonymous said...

Oh sweeeeeet! My girlfriend is finally commenting on this blog!

Ha. I've been gone for over a week, so this is the first chance I've had to reply.

By the way Underdog, do you know a guy by the name of Robby Johnson? 3/75 guy who was a sniper. Friends with Hayes... At any rate, he placed second in the shooting match I was just at. Good guy.

Oh yeah... POST SOMETHING NEW!!!

HUMN330 - Brown, K said...

Yeah I know Johnson; and yeah he is a good guy... It's good to hear that he did so well at the shoot.

And yeah I'll will post something soon.

Anonymous said...

Man oh man, you have *one* day before it will be an entire month of not posting. No posting makes Mr. Twisted something something... CRAZY? Don't mind if I do!!!

Anonymous said...

You just wish you looked this good